SEGMENT ONE: IAB’S MIKE ZANEIS TALKS ABOUT PRIVACY BILL OF RIGHTS
- Mike Zaneis is the Vice President of Public Policy for the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Mike joined IAB in January of 2007 and is the head of the Washington, D.C. office. In this role he develops and manages the interactive advertising industry’s legislative, regulatory, and policy-making agenda. Mike runs IAB’s Public Policy Council, comprised of over 60 leading internet and media companies, and serves as the Treasurer for the IAB Political Action Committee. He represents the industry before the United States Congress, federal regulatory agencies, state legislatures, and at public conferences. Prior to joining IAB, Mike served as Executive Director of Technology and E-Commerce at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the world’s largest trade association. As the chief technology and telecommunications lobbyist, he oversaw issues affecting the business community pertaining to online and consumer privacy, data security, telecommunications, intellectual property, counterfeiting, piracy, and e-commerce. Mike has worked in the political arena since 1995 and has engaged in government affairs at the local, state, and federal levels. He received his bachelors degree from Michigan State University and both his Juris Doctor and Masters in Public Policy from Georgetown University.
SEGMENT TWO: REPORTERS WITHOUT BORDERS ON WORLD DAY AGAINST CYBER CENSORSHIP
- Delphine Halgand, Washington DC Director. Delphine has been working for Reporters Without Borders in Washington, DC since December 2011. She runs the US activities for the organization and advocates for journalists, bloggers and media rights worldwide. Previously, she worked for two years as a Press attaché in charge of the outreach at the French Embassy in Washington DC. Since graduating from Sciences Po Paris with a M.A. in Journalism, Delphine has been working as an economic journalist for various French media, focusing mainly on international politics and macroeconomic issues.
- US Falls to 47th on Press Freedom Due to OWS Crackdown
- Enemies of the Internet 2012
ON PODCAST FROM 3/7
- Timothy Walton on Balsam v. Trancos and
- John Nicolson on Cyber Security