- the categories of personally identifiable information (“PII”) collected;
- the categories of third-parties with whom the information is shared;
- whether there is a process for the consumer to review information collected and/or make changes;
- whether 3rd parties collect a user’s PII; and
- how the website responds to DNT requests.
The bill is one of several that the Net Choice Coalition strongly condemned as going too far.
|Introduced by Assembly Member Muratsuchi|
|February 14, 2013|
LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL’S DIGEST
Vote: majority Appropriation: no Fiscal Committee: no Local Program: no
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
Section 22575 of the Business and Professions Code is amended to read: