The California Bar Intellectual Property Section’s 41st Annual IP Institute lands in the hart of American Riviera – beautiful Santa Barbara on November 9-11th. Think of it as a great way to detox from this very toxic election season.
Full details are available here, but highlights include:
- IP and ADR: Developments, Cases, and Trends Every IP Practitioner Should Know About (1 Hour MCLE) – with star mediator Erica Bristol (whom I have used in several cases);
- Alcoholic Beverage IP: Nuts and Bolts (1 Hour MCLE);
- Fan Fiction and Fan Art: Copyright and Trademark Issues Involving User Generated Content (1 Hour MCLE);
- Top 5 IP & Technology Concerns of In-House Counsel and How to Address Them (1.25 Hours MCLE) – with counsel from Twitter and Dreamworks; and
- Sink or Swim: IP Advice for New Ventures (1 Hour MCLE).
Plus the annual Vanguard Awards, a tour of Santa Barbara’s historic courthouse and interest group meetings for the IP Section including the Technology, Internet and Privacy IG which I chair.
Hope to see you there.