CSIS’ James Lewis on
Cybersecurity for the 45th President
Key Action Items
- It must decide on a new international strategy to account for a very different and dangerous global security environment.
- It must make a greater effort to reduce and control cyber crime.
- It must accelerate efforts to secure critical infrastructures and services and improve “cyber hygiene” across economic sectors. As part of this, it must develop a new approach to securing government agencies and services and improve authentication of identity.
- It must identify where federal involvement in resource issues such as research or workforce development is necessary, and where such efforts are best left to the private sector.
- Finally, it must consider how to organize the United States to defend cyberspace. Clarifying the role of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is crucial, and the new administration must either…
View original post 667 more words